Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Releasing Endings


Goodbyes, endings, the completion of something...and always something wonderful...someone wonderful.  My habit of avoiding an end, or hijacking a goodbye with rage, a cold shoulder or some other ridiculous distraction...it's hard.

Like the letters scrolled across the big screen at the completion of a film. The end is hard.  So much weight to carry in those two small and seemingly insignificant words. Why does this goodness, this beauty, this treasured moment have to finish?  Why does this weekend have to end? ... this holiday .... this celebration ....this life ....

How many times will I say goodbye before it gets easier?  Only once I can change my vocabulary...from goodbye to thank you.  From the end to a new start.  From death to life everlasting....thankful for the memories. For experiences.  

I'm still growing...I'm still in process.  To beginnings I say yes please!  And to endings I will say from the bottom of my heart...thank you!


(see picture at http://pinterest.com/pin/98938523036713899/)

No comments:

Post a Comment