Thursday, July 25, 2013

Releasing the Glory (in a dream)

It was as if the earth's crust was exploding...like fireworks were attempting to escape through the cracks in the pavement.  Crevasses glowed in flashes of amber.  

Watching, I saw it move north to south...then east to west.  Flecks of purple and green and blue danced among the fiery white sparks.  Like a carnival of colour and texture...a tangible expression of a celebration of sorts.  Colours dancing...the earth releasing an unexpected, unexplained beauty.  What a sight.  I tried to speak but the words were not familiar.  My tongue danced and trilled to express what was inexpressible.  All I could think was this must be the GLORY.  

For thine is the Kingdom, the Power and the GLORY ~ Matthew 6:13


I often pray for His kingdom and power to invade...His will to be done...His strength and authority to rein...but the glory?  I don't know that my finite being could handle this magnificence.  But the first two is only a fraction of the revelation of His whole being. Am I asking for a fragmented God?  Perhaps that's why I live a fragmented life.
Sparks

It was odd but amazing...unknown but so familiar.   A supernatural experience that was stored somewhere in my supernatural make up.  A dream I'd NEVER had before...and will never forget.

I woke up to the dark.  My eyes fully awake, searched the four walls...fully expecting to see Jesus standing there in all his GLORY.  In the unexpected...Christ revealed in a vision...in a revelation. Maybe in the way that John wrote about his own visions and revelations...halos like rainbows...faces like the sun...feet like columns of fire (Revelation 10:1).  Some shy away from this unknown magnificence...but I don't want to miss this.

My heart beats awake and alive to a vision of more.  More beauty...more majesty...more GLORY!  From a God that has a make up beyond anything I can fully comprehend...yet fully loves and fully meets me where I'm at in my finite state...until that glorious day his full GLORY is revealed before us all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment