Friday, July 19, 2013

Releasing the Similarities of Differences


Polar opposites.  But also so much alike.  Similarities that cause friction so intense it can start a fire...but something that fueled has to come from a deep passion...a love like no other.  A love...a connection that was birthed through birth...the chord may have been cut early on, but they are tied for life.
A relationship that is birthing new elements...new levels all the time.  Evolving into a beautiful creation.   

A softening to our differences...a recognition of our similarities.  Celebrating these.  Relationships are in constant motion...requiring work.  Anything worth having does.  Like a garden of the soul...breaking the earth, turning over every dry and cracked patch of soil to reveal new life...fresh revelation hidden deep below.  On hands and knees...pulling the weeds that pop up and strangle health right out of what's between us...planting new beauty...a labour of love...always pruning, watering to feed life between us...but the work is evident.  A beautiful creation emerges from a labour of love.  
The story of mother and daughter can play out different in each corner of the world...but common threads emerge in each story...through a relationship so tightly knit...so deeply embedded in a soul.

She reaches out...holds my hand...my eyes brim with water to be poured right out...an overflowing...like a cleansing from deep within.  The words she speaks move me...I'm surprised how much they move me.  I'm proud of you, she says. Did she know it would change everything?  She probably did...she's always known everything as far back as I can remember.  She's wonderful...she's an open vessel...she's passionate...she's a firecracker...she's my mother.

Much like the labour before birth...decades later, she still remembers...remembers the pain from the labour....the joy from the labour.  The love poured out in the labour.  Pouring out of ones self...to birth something beautiful...meaningful.  


A bond that can never be broken...even after the chord is cut. 


Happy Birthday, Mom!  I love you with a passionate, full heart.  May God bless you abundantly this year for all the love, honesty, authenticity and forgiveness you've poured out in my life.  I am so blessed to have you as my mom.  Love, Jenn  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment