Friday, June 28, 2013

Releasing Fog

It appears thick...dense...opaque.  As if nothing exists on the other side.  If I hadn't seen the other side a million times I'd probably question whether this dense mass in front of my face was all that there was.


Fog.  It clouds the sky...my vision...my mind.  It makes everything look bleak... dark... depressing.  As if there was real substance to it.  But it's just mist really...clouds riding low...kissing the pavement.  I could cut through it easily...no force required...but I can't see through it.



Do I rely so heavily on being able to see to believe?  To know that light exists on the other side of this misty fog of nothing...this illusion of sorts...



That life exists on the other side of this sickness...that joy exists on the other side of this heaviness...that God exists on the other side of my disbelief...my anxiety...my mistrust...this fog in my head.  And actually, they all exist within the fog too, but do I chose to believe it even if I can't see it...feel it?  



My feelings and emotions are as flity and flighty as the mist of fog in the air...thrown so easily about with the waves and wind of life...appearing so heavy but consisting of so little in reality. So real and blinding one moment and gone the next.  Up and down...round and round...making my head spin at times.

I call out for your help, God...you hear me.  You ask me to believe, even in the fog. You say: ...when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind ~James 1:6.  My doubt...my FEELINGS...blown and tossed by the wind.

But not you...my rock...my firm foundation. You know how thick the fog appears...and you care...but you also know what exists when the fog lifts...a world that I can't see now. But a beautiful life that you know is there...you placed it there...you're holding it safe there until faith lifts the fog.


Believe...believe that the fog will break...will lift...even when it feels heavy and debilitating.  Remember that you've seen the light on the other side of the fog...it's still there...just like it always has been before.
Live by faith, not by sight ~2 Corinthians 5:7...life abundant is beyond the fog.






1 comment:

  1. When you're a hipster doofus you say, "YOLO".
    When you're trying to act classy you say, "Carpe Diem".
    When you have a brain and a heart you write this post.

    Great job.

    ReplyDelete