Thursday, July 4, 2013

Releasing Fidelity for a Friend

She sits alone...big empty house...not a sound.  She pulls the blanket up over her legs, over her shoulders...there's a chill, but she's not sure it has anything to do with the temperature.  

Have I let my heart grow cold? she thinks.. My eyes are tired but my mind is restless.  She searches her thoughts...is there anything there I can chew on for a while?  

She can almost see the cloud of negativity in her peripheral vision.  It's trying to sneak in...it's so easy to let it.  Why is it harder to fight that which is killing me than to drink in life?  Why does it feel easier to hate, to cry, to scream, to kill...something's molding inside...she can almost taste the bitterness.

She feels mad...but towards who?  


She pulls the blanket over her head and closes her eyes under the dark covering...it can look deceiving...like there's no way out...like it's all there is... especially if you hang out there for a while.  But reality can be simple if you let it...lift your hands up and push through...the covering of darkness will fall and light will flood.
Sadness...
She knows she does not belong to this darkness...both under this blanket and in her clouded mind.  She once was drawn to the light...enjoyed basking in joy, peace, love...like the heat of a summer day.  But where are they now?  Has everything changed...or is it me?

You, friend...you that are reading this...you know she's not as alone as she feels.

Have you been there?  Did you think for a moment this was your story?  Your narrative?  It's a common place...a common lie...that we're in the dark.  That you belong there.  That it's too hard to fight it.  Maybe she needs your hand...maybe she needs you to lift the dark covering or just to show her the direction to get out.  We can't do it on our own...we need each other.  Isn't that why we're all here, anyway?  Isn't that why we have hands, and feet, and words and a beating heart...to share it with someone who needs it.

I walk up to her house and knock on the door...she doesn't answer.  I ring the bell...nothing.  I call through the door...a friend is here...you're not alone.  Open up!  I wait...she comes...she opens up.  

I hold her...you are loved.  I look her in the eye...I know who you are...you are a daughter of the light. You are not alone.

Love is never wasted....it never fails.

The truth pierces...it sets her free.  



~wanna read more?  Mark 12:31, 1 Corinthians 13:6-8

(see picture at http://pinterest.com/pin/98938523036725967/)

No comments:

Post a Comment