Thursday, May 2, 2013

Releasing a Love Song

How can I express my love to my beloved?  Words could never be enough.  My heart overflows with the choruses of heaven, with the hymns of the saints.  They pour out their deep gratitude to their beloved Saviour, they are crying out in thanks for health and healing, for the joy that overwhelms, the peace that has calmed the most restless, unruly heart.  I long to bring a song that could express my every thought, my every heart beat, every ounce of life...my soul vibrates with anticipation...my spirit leaps inside...wanting to escape to the holy of holies. 

You draw, my beloved...you draw me into your beautiful, intoxicatingly fragrant presence where nothing else matters.  I am not worthy to be here, but you welcome me like royalty, like an heir to the throne.  You take off my shoes and kiss my feet, adorning them with your caresses.  You cup my face in your hands, gently wiping every stain, every tear, making me new...clean...bringing out my true beauty.  Your lips touch my forehead sending warm, life giving light into my dry bones...from the top of my head to the tip of my toes I am made radiant in your presence.  You replace my rags with a white silk gown, and each fine, delicate thread sparkles brilliantly in your light.  On my head you place a diamond encrusted crown...as you lower it to my temples my destiny is revealed in a vision...my kinship...I am seated with your Son. You call me beloved...daughter...I am not an orphan.   All your blessings...your gifts...are lavishly bestowed upon me.  Every need fulfilled, every desire is mine because it all resides in your power.  

You begin to rejoice over me with a love song...the words penetrate my heart, piercing it, sending life coursing through my veins.  The melody causes my body to begin to move...in motion taking in every word of adoration, affirmation aligning my heart with yours. Twisting and spinning I begin to laugh and clap my hands overwhelmed with this tune of acceptance...this sound of redemption...this pure and unending love song.


My beloved and I.

~wanna read more?  try the book of Song of Songs, also Zephaniah 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment