Thursday, May 23, 2013

Releasing Faith for the Mountain



Matthew 17:20 Say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move.

Do you think you have faith to move a mountain?  To be gutsy enough to tell it to move and expect that it will?

Sometimes I believe that I can...when things are all in order...my head is clear...my spirits are up.  But if I actually look out at the landscape, those are typically the moments when the terrain is pretty flat...easy going.  It's easy to say you have faith to move a mountain when there isn't one staring you in the face!

Today a mountain got in my way.  The day started well and then something, totally out my control really got me down.  Those are always the moments that my true self is exposed...the one that's buried deep down.  My mountain today is in the form of a stronghold...you know...someone's hurt you or offended you or embarrassed you and you play the scenario over and over....and over....and over...and....you get the picture.  I even have a dialogue in my head about why I'm justified to feel this way and hold on to it.  I make very valid points, and convince myself that indeed, I have been wronged.  I walk around in a haze...I feel angry...my peace is GONE!  And when my peace is gone I know I have come into agreement with the slime master, Satan.  He's once again slimed me with his identity and I just let him...in fact, I helped him.

So now that I'm deep in this place, feeling sorry for myself I cry out to my helper...my Saviour.  I wish I would have called out sooner, I think.  He understands, but he also knows this mountain can only be moved if I open my mouth in faith...it's the way he designed it.  He's given me clarity to recognize the mountain and is asking me if I have faith that the mountain will move.  Do I really want the mountain to move?  Do I secretly like falling victim to this big dumb mountain that always makes me believe he is WAAAAY bigger and stronger.  I start to write about him...let light shine on him...and he begins to shrink.  
The Wizard of Oz - Dorthy & Oz Himself - "How could you be so cruel !!"



I think of the Wizard of Oz...the man behind the green curtain...."pay no attention" he called out to Dorothy as he hurriedly tried to continue the mascaraed and conceal who he really was.  Well it turned out he was just a cowardly old man who was not very powerful at all.  


When the smoke and mirrors were taken away the mountain shrank on me.  I could see what it was made of and it was pathetic.  I spoke out words with the power of Christ in me....MOVE...NOW!  Eyes squeezed shut, hands clenched and sweaty, standing my ground and position in Christ, I started to open my eyes...my heart swelled, filling me with peace as that mountain crumbled and every last piece of rubble rolled away.  Then Jesus came out with a little dust pan and swept up the remaining crumbs and signaled for me to keep walking...in peace and love.  Go forward and sit with the king...Papa.  

Sitting on my Papa's lap I feel secure again...looking out at all the things I can't control...and hearing him whisper to me about the things that I can. Regardless, I find peace right here.

What's your mountain?  Do you want it to move?  You have to start somewhere... recognize...ask for help...then tell it where to go!

Mountain Biking? - not exactly our idea of MTB! lol
haha...I love this picture!  I'm telling the next mountain to get on bike and ride away:)

No comments:

Post a Comment