Monday, May 6, 2013

Releasing the Imperfect

Perfect Imperfection.
It's not perfect...but it's in progress.  Always changing, always moving forward, even if I'm fighting it.  It's the way you've ordained it to be.  Because if it were perfect, if it had reached its pinnacle then...where would you be on my list? The little mental list I keep in check to keep life in motion...continuing on...giving it purpose.  I ate cause I was hungry, check...I drank cause I was thirsty, check...I prayed because without your help I would just be imperfect and stained...check.   You know my heart...that if life didn't have bumps along the way how would I have ever known I'd need you? ...the power I could tap into with you...the strength I could find when I'm weakest? I would have missed out on this incredible journey where I rely on you for my strength...my peace...my overflowing joy!  My own strength adds up to crumbs compared to you. Imagine all the wasted effort living life on my own, finite strength...my best effort and striving, to achieve less than half of what I can achieve with you.

So when I start sending out the invitations for my next pity party,  please remind me I'm imperfect for your glory...imagine that!  Because I've failed, you made it right...because I was wrong, you took the blame...because I'm stuck in my thoughts, bound, you died and replaced it with freedom...because life is not perfect, you conquered death!

Now it's clear...I can keep moving in this revelation...the imperfect is actually perfectly accurate.  I love your redemptive power...and your sense of humour!


(see picture at http://pinterest.com/pin/98938523036455263/)

No comments:

Post a Comment