Monday, September 9, 2013

Releasing Words

I didn't know the power of a word until it was spoken 
and something inside dropped dead.  

The poison spread and took root.  
/4 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of food coloring, baking sheet and 10 mins in oven to make edible glitter.   180c  or 350F.  How much fun you gonna have now!?
A word was spoken, flippantly, innocently, carelessly as a joke of sorts and it changed my perspective... sometimes it lays dormant but like a chill it will creep and it haunts over and over. I remember... and the beast rises up and my ego chimes in with a harmony like the song is something to sing along to....but it's not.  And it kills a part of me every time the song is sung.  

I wonder if the forbidden fruit in paradise tasted like the thick sweetness of gossip or slander until the goupy paste began to choke and rot all that was innocent, and the knowledge gained changed everything.  Gave death instead of life.  It didn't matter how big the bite...the poison would remain just the same. I have placed my lips around the fruit of knowledge and hastily bit deep... thinking it was harmless.  Thinking it could feed something in me... and it did, but what it fed could have done without.  


To grow the beast, to water the tumour of regret and bitterness feeds the darkness...leaving no room for a heart of hope and love and joy.  After all, Jesus...light and life...cannot exist in the darkness, so when I invite evil to come and surround my thoughts and my words I am just as easily building walls around my soul keeping the light out.  

Slander brings death to the name of another...I never had the right...it was never my place even if I wasn't speaking the words...but I encouraged them and nursed them out. I'm not privy to what has been spoken...so why believe it, really.  Stretched truths and lies are made to make an interesting story...and when it enters the mind, the powerhouse of this temple, the story morphs and becomes more toxic as my mind dances and plays with the original words.  Stretching and twisting whatever it can.  Playing with fire...with darkness. 


The tree of knowledge bites back...I was warned.  There is the power of life and death in the tongue (Proverbs 18:21).  My words and yours.  I would rather the story of life to feed my soul.  Bring me your best words...not ones that are chewed and spit out hastily.  

Feed me with life, my friend, and I will set for you a table of truth and abundance where we can feast together.


(see picture at http://pinterest.com/pin/98938523037142491/)

No comments:

Post a Comment