Friday, September 13, 2013

Releasing #3


Numbers mean something to me...I feel like God gives me messages through them.  I'm not a mathematician, in fact I typically add by using my fingers and use calculators for anything more difficult.  I barely squeezed a pass out of grade 13 Calculus and that was with extra help every morning before class.  But just the same, numbers speak to me.

This year God has been showing me the number 3.  I turned 33 on 03/13/13.  I keep seeing 3's wherever I go...the time, prices, addresses, phone numbers.  I don't always know what the numbers mean, but it makes me pay attention and feel like I'm a part of some secret operation.  Things have been happening this year...I'm growing...doors are opening.  But it's not all easy.  Growing, stretching, molding all go together and inevitably pain can accompany these.

I was thinking today, why 3 God?  What's the significance?  He brought to mind where 3 is placed in sequence...it's not first and it's not second.  It's close but still far away.  It takes patience to get to 3...if you give up because it's not the first two numbers you see then you'll miss out...you have to push through to get there...but not so much that it's impossible.  


Three is inconspicuous...and we all know that God loves the inconspicuous.  A servant girl to bear the immaculate conception, a stutterer to lead God's chosen to the promised land, a carpenter to save the world from death.  So even little inconspicuous me can be used by the almighty God!  

Three also requires you to take steps to get to it...you can't just jump to the number 3 without effort....you have to go through number 1 and 2...experience what each number holds preparing you, segueing you into the number 3.  

So what is this saying?  Be patient...don't give up...humble yourself cause he loves the inconspicuous...enjoy the journey - it is preparing you for what lies ahead...for your next destination.  I may not know where he's taking me next but what I do know is
that right now and all that came before are relevant.  


I want to learn and grow and I lean on him to show me the path...lead me through the segue.

(see picture at http://www.pinterest.com/pin/98938523037164759/)



this is a real picture from my email inbox on July 16, 2013...it's a bit blurry but my inbox item number hit 3,333 when I turned it on first thing!  I had to take a picture...don't ignore any of the messages He gives you moment by moment!

20130716_085033.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment