Monday, August 12, 2013

Releasing My Besty
































I laughed my eyes to tears...

my side to splitting...

cheeks quivering from the intensity of joy plastered across my face.  

Just being in the same room with her was enough to take me back...make me silly...giddy.








Highways and sidestreets connecting.... miles upon miles...they keep us apart most days, but today I would live for this moment...in this moment where I could reach out and touch her hand...hold it.  Slap her knee as I laughed cause she makes me laugh more than anyone I know.  


A bond that dates back as long as my existence...muscles and bones hold the memories...deeper than pictures in my mind.  I feel like a healthier, younger version of myself when she's around...like the time that's passed between us...apart...has stood still...always picking up where we left off.




She knows my heart...my funny-bone...my shoe size.   She speaks to a part of me that most aren't able to reach...aren't able to understand...she holds the key...deep in the blood line we share.


My friend...my sister...the keeper of my secrets...kindred spirit...my besty.

(see picture at http://pinterest.com/pin/98938523036965443/)



Happy 30th Birthday, Miranda!  You make my life happy:)  I am so blessed to have you as my sister and to share laughter, tears and a bond that has grown deep over the years.

You are loved, missed and celebrated today!  Cheers to my Besty.

Love, Jenny-Mulhenny xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Love you Jenny-Mulhenny! I think it is your goal to make everyone cry on their birthday. Well, mission accomplished. Congratulations.
    :-)
    Thank you for writing this down and sharing it with me and the world. I share all that you feel and know that you understand me in a way no one else could. A special bond happens when someone teaches you how to shave your legs, right?

    ReplyDelete