Thursday, August 15, 2013

Releasing Fluff

A brisk morning...blue sky...slight breeze.  I breath deep as I walk to the subway...I look up at the sky to take in the view. My eyes focus and I see a flurry of fluff.  Dandelion fluff dancing all over the sky.  Wishes...hopes...dreams.  

Fluff.



When I was a kid I'd pick a fluffy, aged dandelion, make a wish and blow...picturing my dreams being sent in a thousand little pieces of fluff up to the sky...up to heaven.  Hoping, wishing.  Later forgotten.  Maybe they were actually just fluff.



Sometimes I still feel like my dreams, my hearts desires are just dancing around in the great unknown.  I'm unsure of how to grasp them...how to tap into them.  Sometimes I even chase after them, like chasing fluff on a windy day.  Spinning my wheels...out of breath...desperately chasing fluff.  It's exhilarating for a while but it eventually wears me out...I lose my breath and my vision...why was I chasing it anyway.  It felt so right when I started, but now I'm at a loss.


The truth is, a dream is just fluff until it becomes a vision...and a vision must solidify into a passion or else it will just drift away.  There are too many storms, too much wind and force that can drive you away from a dream...a hope...a wish.


Ask the Keeper of your dreams to help you...to give you the visions and desires of your heart that are His...that will stick...that mean something.  He wants to help you but He needs you to know that you can't do it on your own.  You'll run out of steam...out of ideas and inspiration.  He'll keep it fresh and clear....like today's early morning sky.  He may even morph it into something you wouldn't have expected...but it will be just the thing that makes it all come together...all the little pieces of fluff will fly in sync and form something beautiful and tangible...the vision will form...the passion will grow and this dream will be birthed into more.  Keep looking up...enjoy the view...ask Him to catch the dreams for you and to grow them.


Watch the fluff fly and dance around you...and when the time is right...when your positioning is right...when the breeze stands still in that perfect second, when the Keeper of your dreams aligns all things so that this moment is just right, reach out and claim the fluff as so much more...as a dream come true.



~wanna read more?  Psalm 37:4 Romans 8:28

(see pictures at  http://pinterest.com/pin/98938523036985537/   http://pinterest.com/pin/98938523036985539/)

No comments:

Post a Comment