Thursday, August 8, 2013

Releasing the Fully Known

Fragments...pieces...shards...brokenness...

Releasing the Fully KnownFrustration of living limited.  A finite mind living in a finite world...reflecting the imperfect.  But a soul and spirit containing the make up of much more...of that which is FULLY known.  Perhaps not today...or tomorrow...but one day the FULLY known will be in grasp of those that know not, but ARE fully known.

A battle in the self...one that my Jesus knows well.  Stepping down from the thrones and glory of heaven to know the limits of the human condition.  That is the ultimate love...the ultimate sacrifice.  The ultimate expression of empathy for the finite and decaying...and he did it so that one day my frustration and lacking...my fragments and brokenness will be exchanged for fullness of mind and knowledge...for revelation in full...for life in full and everlasting.

But what for today then?  What must I embrace, accept, believe to lead me to the fully known...while I wait?  Today embrace the deep and unconditional love of Christ.  Know His love and His life...know His death...the blood poured out...the body stripped and striped with lashings taken in love...sacrificed for my iniquity.  A body just as frail as mine...fragmented and broken beyond what I'll ever experience.  And a resurrection to the Kingdom of the FULLY known...all so I can one day share in that fullness.  

In the wait, I meditate on this incredible thing I don't yet fully understand...and I accept the gift I never deserved...to bind the fragments...to piece together the brokenness...and to one day find completion in the FULLY known. 

For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 

~1 Corinthians 13:12

(see picture at http://pinterest.com/pin/98938523036939097/)

No comments:

Post a Comment