Friday, November 1, 2013

Releasing Some Focus

I make this life as if I am at the center of it all...how I feel, what I do, what happens to ME.  It keeps me navel gazing, feeling sad and in pain from the arrows that pierce...annoyed with everyone because they can't seem to read my mind!  Allowing jealousy and anger to fester and grow because it's just not fair!  Allowing the spirit of laziness and comfort to infect and take over my spirit-man who holds life and passion and an ability to reach out and make a difference.  


Allow my boredom to lull my heart of fire and fervency to sleep...and when they are extinguished my vision becomes narrow...all I can see is my own reflection...all I can hear is my own selfishness begging for something to fill the void...ANYTHING.  
Broken Mirrors
I turn to vices... momentary idols to soothe.

Darkness surrounds us...everywhere.  It's a part of life...it's a part of bearing flesh and bone.  Being influenced by the darkness is a human condition.  Any living thing can tell you that hanging out in the dark is fatal.  You can't grow or be nourished, you can't see and often times it's  isolating and lonely...leading to demise...but light and life come from a different place.  We may be influenced by darkness, but we don't have to be overcome by it... light can only be found in One place...A place where life is abundant, where  you can grow and stretch and find truth...where the impossible becomes possible, where disease is made well, where chains are broken and sadness can't rule a beautiful heart brimming with life any more.  Where darkness is pierced...by Light.

When I focus on the Prize, on the One who is saving me and who longs to bring me into the light...where burdens are lifted and failures are erased...where forgiveness wipes the slate clean no matter what the deed, no matter who you are or where you are...when I focus on this I find the distraction of things of this world shrink and begin to matter less...perspectives change...idols shrink...hearts open and the ME I strive to soothe becomes less offended.  It makes the darts easier to dodge... less painful to take when I focus on embracing healing, being saved, made better.  


There's a purpose in all of this.  A purpose to live for and it has nothing to do with the superficial, and everything to do with what He's planned and how He's gonna fulfill it.  And if you only believe one thing today, you NEED to know that if you're here, then without a shadow of a doubt there is plan with your name on it...to be fulfilled...Guaranteed!

But the superficial...how it looks and feels...can sometimes nag away.  But know that this life is not about that...it's in the FACE of that, that I find freedom and His plans unfold.  Regardless of my circumstances...my stiff joints, my graying hair and my worn out shoes... things are always easier to get through when you can focus on the outcome...the purpose at the end of it all.  A woman giving birth, an addict going through rehab, a patient booked for surgery...a Saviour heading for the cross.  When you can visualize the purpose and the glorious ending it makes the pain slightly more bearable, and the focus slightly less narrow.  And maybe you don't know exactly how things will unfold or what the final product will look like, but you do know the One who is taking you there is good and He's promised that he'll make all things good for those who love him (Romans 8:28)...and that's you. So focus on Him...focus on His goodness...and His perfect plan...He's the outcome in your life.

He's gonna break through the darkness that plagues you...whatever it might be...nothing is too big or too dark for Him.  But He wants you to rest in His ability...bask in His light...believe in His sovereignty...focus on the Great Physician and let him do the HEART surgery.


(see picture at http://www.pinterest.com/pin/98938523037448132/)

No comments:

Post a Comment