Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Releasing a Poem for the Prisoner


le moribond. by indiae.deviantart.com on @deviantART


sometimes it feels like I'm drowning
in an ocean of mistakes I've made
I'm not always sure how I got here
but I'm tired, angry and afraid

I call out but no one can hear me
or maybe they don't really care
I fall to my knees in surrender 
this burden is too much to bare

darkness is heavy
chains wrapped around me

on the cold hard floor of this jail cell
I feel the warmth from your light
shining in through the cracks in the darkness
on a heart frozen solid with ice

I hear the cell open to freedom
you stand at the door and you wait
my child it's time for this prisoner
to be pardoned, your charges erased



freedom rains down
cleans off the stains
truth frees this heart
love breaks the chains 

wake up O sleeper
open your eyes
take off your grave clothes
this is your time



No comments:

Post a Comment