Friday, April 26, 2013

Releasing the Box

There is always something about this little box with the perfect white bow ribbon even the color that makes every girl happy  pinned with Bazaart
Organized, categorized, sanitized, carefully wrapped and neatly tied.  A life carefully planned, thoughtfully laid out.  So meticulous, like a neat little box perfectly wrapped...corners folded, ribbon tied.  

But the box wasn't waterproof, wasn't fire resistant...anxiety, depression, addiction, destruction crept in when she wasn't looking...seeped in and she couldn't plan for this. She looked back to see where she must have missed something...but I was good, I did what was right, I did what I was taught.  I lived in the box...I never crossed the line. Fighting to put the pieces of the box back together...no amount of tape or band-aids will fix this...

A hand reaches out and touches hers...she stops...holds her breath. She can hear it in her heart...a small gentle voice...do you trust me?

Her mind races...everything's come undone...life is unrecognizable...how will I ever get this back? Tell me what to do...tell me what to do...

Do you trust me?

Just tell me what to do and I'll do it

Let go...TRUST ME.

Eyes wet, face burning, she loosens her grip...the box is crumpled and soggy...she watches as it begins to change shape. Begins to morph further...it erupts into a blazing fire and in a split second it's gone...burned up with only ash remaining.  She covers her face...

Her heart beats...the rhythm of life....

She sits...waiting...silence...the words form deep within. She listens...  


Daughter...how precious you are to me.  How deeply loved you are.  I am making all things new.  I am working all things together for your good.  Put down the burden of figuring this out...life.  I will carry it and give you freedom in exchange.   You may feel weak, but I will replace it with strength...deep strength.  Open your eyes to joy and peace that you have never known...that could never flourish in your safe little box. My abundant life is too big for your little box. It's time to live in your inheritance...riches and blessings you've never known because you never received them.  But it is a choice...to receive...will you take it?

She peels her hands away from her eyes...opens them wide to something unrecognizable...what is it?  The ash was gone and in it's place is a scroll with a red seal holding it closed...blood red, with a  royal emblem... Release the seal to receive your gift.

Her hands trembled but she knew there was no turning back...the choice was hers and the time was now.  As she unrolled the scroll she began to see the words IT IS FINISHED penned across the parchment.  The love surrounding these words began to flood her heart...her mind. She knew what it meant...she had heard these words before.  There was power in these words - When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit (John 19:30) -in giving something familiar up,  something new can be born. Something beautiful, something powerful, unlike anything you've ever known. To save your life, you must give it up...to him.

An outpouring of tears, releasing of breath, hands out stretched to receive the gift...the freedom in these three words.  She didn't even have to speak them...they were spoken for her.  The box was broken for her...his body was broken for her...through the nails you're forgiven, by his stripes you're healed!


~wanna read more? see Romans 8:28, 2 Corinthians 12:9, Isaiah 53:5

(see picture at http://pinterest.com/pin/98938523036454496//)

No comments:

Post a Comment