Monday, January 6, 2014

Releasing the Deep Freeze

The ice storm of 2013 cut power from hundreds of thousands of homes in southern Ontario.  This experience caused me to reflect...



The darkness sat heavy around me...and the dampness of the winter freeze threatened to creep through the piled layers and ice me from the calloused exterior to that which is vulnerable... 
.Staying afloat in this undertow of blinding dark and finding my present self in this shallow breath, the abyss mocked my weak and fading spirit.  33 hours without the furnace of life...the heartbeat of my safe haven, and you start to see the true colourblindness of the dark.  All life and vibrance bleed together in the lie that this is the end...you deserve this.  Fear lives in the dark...depression lives in the dark... Satan and all his accusatory schemes live in the dark.  In my weakness, I am afraid of the dark.

But even if my flesh feels overcome and my weaknesses shamefully expose their nakedness and foul stench...I can boldly declare that I am NOT overcome!  With haste and without condition, my mighty Saviour overcomes the darkness and devours the demons threatening death.  They may claw and screech and threaten blood shed but their bark does not reflect their bite when the sword of the Righteous King has already determined their fate.

Faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see (Hebrews 11:1).   Even when I literally cannot see the step directly in front of me I can be assured by the confidence that my blindness is not where it ends...that I'm not alone in this.  No matter how dark it may appear all around me I can allow peace and joy from the TRUTH to thaw my heart and thought patterns.  

Peace is protecting my soft and warm inner-self by not indulging her in a troubled or fearful heart...and to take the power I have been given to stop the choking pattern of allowing myself to be agitated and disturbed, fearful, intimidated, cowardly and unsettled (John 14:27 AMP).

The warmth of life comes from being saved from the self-destructive patterns that allow the cold to creep in...the darkness to press in...my spirit to give in.  Saved for a new day... a new year...a new chance...a new resolution....my self-revolution...to LET GO so His light...His eternal warmth is LET IN.

No comments:

Post a Comment